6 Professional Social Media Marketing Skills You Should Have
Social Media Marketing is one of the most essential skills required in today’s day and age. All kind of content is just one step away from you. Every minute millions of content is being made with utmost perfection. Your competition is no more with your peers or colleagues, it is with yourself and the umpteen people out across the globe. Many social media marketing agencies are rising and advancing in India and abroad. So how does one survive the competition? What are the secrets that many biggies in the industry often forget to do? Worry no more! You are at the right destination to solve your queries and find answers to your unanswered questions.
1. Creativity- In this ever-growing evergreen age of digital media, there is ample content everywhere. From social media sites to digital magazines, everything that you can think of on the internet is filled with colours and essence of its own. What distinguishes all of it, apart from different media, is the thought process put behind them. Yes, the success of the viral content starts from the minute you begin to plan it out. While doing this, you should go through your content like the one receiving it. This would enable your senses to gauge if the internet users would engage with it or not. This trick is one of the ways of finding loopholes in your digital material. During the process of giving birth to something innovative, you should also make sure that it is different from the rest of the content on the internet, however, not as much, that people do not even connect with it. With every piece you create, try thinking of more ways to get more engagements. Also, keep in mind that you do not repeat your own work so much that your loyal readers, listeners or viewers get bored. Remember that your main aim apart from attracting new visitors is to entertain and retain the loyal ones as well. This marks the exceptional social media marketing skill that you should have.
2. Captions and Hashtags- We know how much the actual content is important. However, after creating a marvellous piece, people take their captions and hashtags lightly. This would turn out to be a BIG FAIL. No matter the amount of audience you have, your caption speaks and connects with the viewers. In your caption, you should feel free to add any action that you would expect from the audience. This would result in more people commenting and connecting with your thought process and notion. Social media marketing agencies in India or abroad use this feature heavily to tap on the thinking nerves of their clients’ viewers.
Coming to hashtags, I can not stress their importance enough, no matter how many times I write about them. Hashtags help in segregating different types of content on social media sites. They help in connecting your social media material with specific topics. Social media sites know which user follows which topic thoroughly. Thereby, showing them the relevant content. Whoever user follows the topic you are making content on, would then get to see your creation on their feed via Hashtags. Yes, this is exactly how your profile reaches a bigger audience. Agencies that offer social media marketing services are highly aware of the usage of the right hashtags. Also, sites like Instagram offer the space for 30 hashtags, you should certainly use them all to reach the viewers you exactly want.
3. Engage with your fans- Understand it like this, content is everywhere, however, the connection is not. Internet users crave for someone they can resonate with. Be that person for them. If you won’t talk to them, your lingo, your style, how you think, would remain hidden. They don’t want someone who draws the line every time and thinks of himself/herself as a celebrity. They want someone who is grounded enough to engage and respect his/her fans and viewers. This works well on social media sites as well. Their algorithm is set as such that they monitor if you reply to comments, DMs etc or not. Put your raw self out there to attract the people towards yourself. Yes, there would be many who would spread hate, but surely the fans would outnumber them. Tell your followers that you love them, talk to them while going live, entertain them, tell them stories, express gratitude and tadaa, you will notice your fan base multiplying. Aren’t these features of social media sites amazing and magical?
4. Use all the features, especially hop on the new ones- These social media sites keep updating their features. If you want to ace the social media marketing game, make sure you have used all of the old features and also promote the new ones. The only type of content that seems boring to the viewers is the same repeated style on the internet. They want to watch brands and influencers picking on different kinds of features. This is what gives them fun! Not only this but the website also promotes your content when it notices that you are quite active and interested in the new features. Do not forget that users love watching the trending fad more than the previous ones. Therefore, refrain from boring your audience.
5. Strategic Thinking- Strategise your activity well. Do not just post randomly, sit down and plan it out for the week. Set the timings keeping in mind the activity period of the internet users. Learn about when they use these sites the most. Refrain from sharing unplanned content that seems unrelatable. Let your followers know that you devise the social media marketing strategy. Create a buzz or a hype for your upcoming post, tweet, live, etc. Go beyond what is basic. Give yourself a few yours every week to plan the time table of your content. You don’t want to be an unprepared candidate in an exam where millions are appearing from across the globe. Do your homework first then put yourself confidently out there!
6. Be Consistent- Consistency is the key. No matter where you go, which field you pick up and what you do in life. If you are not consistent with your hard work then you are not being loyal to your dream. If social media marketing is really your thing, then you must enjoy it. To this, there is no better proof than being consistent. Prove it to the social media site, your followers, your dream and the job you want to have by regularly posting and engaging with your audience. Social media marketing agencies in India and abroad know the knack for the same. Schedule your posts so that if you are not available to share at the desired time then the site does it for you. But be consistent. Slowly and gradually you will reach the height you aim for. This is one of the basics of social media marketing which some people often take for granted.
An amalgamation of all these is sure to bring out desired results. However, make sure that when you get into this field you remain loyal to yourself and your career goal. Engaging in social media would not bring instant results. It is a slow and steady process that requires your trust. You should have faith in your methodologies while you are practising these techniques, otherwise, you would just snap and get demotivated. Also, keep trying new and different ways of promoting your brand. Do not just stick to one marketing plan.‘Cause the last thing that your audience would want to be is ‘bored!’